Smoked brisket, Baja tacos, cocktails & more in our Hidden Courtyard.
We are back baby!
On Friday & Saturday from 5pm to 8pm our hidden courtyard garden is open with our new Street Kitchen Menu.
Serving up signatre smoked brisket & pulled pork delights, from our gourmet bbq platters to Baja style tacos.
Our entire menu is proudly GLUTEN FREE and we have plenty of VEGAN & VEGETARIAN options too.
Got a group of 15 or more? Why not pre order some platters, reserve a section of the garden and party on!
We are fully licensed, with a small & mighty selection of Gins, Whiskys, Beers, Wine & Cocktails.
The coffee machine is always on, and don’t forget to check out the house made cakes & desserts.
So, grab a cold beer, sip on a gin cocktail or glass of tempranillo and enjoy a relaxed afternoon into the evening in our spectacular hidden courtyard.
Spanish Restaurant Paddington
Sassafras: Your Spanish Restaurant in Paddington
Spain is famous for many things: flamenco dancing, bullfighting, its favourable climate and of course, it’s delicious food. We invite you to savour the best of Spanish cuisine here in the heart of Brisbane at the best Spanish restaurant in Paddington – Sassafras.
Whether you favour Spanish tapas or Spanish street food, you will be sure to find something to suit everyone’s taste. We go all out to ensure that your meal is lovingly prepared and well-presented.
Our friendly waiting team is knowledgeable and will be happy to recommend choices if this is your first time.
Food Bursting With Flavour To Delight Your Tastebuds
Sassafras of Paddington is a Spanish restaurant that employs top chefs to prepare meals from the freshest, locally sourced ingredients.
- Our Spanish Kitchen fare includes ingredients that can be as tongue-twisting as they are tongue-delighting: chimichurri, arancini, manchego, chipotle—never heard of these before? Then you’re definitely missing out.
- Taste tapas with a difference. Pork belly or mushroom tacos paired with saffron mayonnaise are just two of the most loved items on our current, ever changing menu.
- You can choose to sit indoors or in our backyard as the mood takes you or the weather dictates. Bring your dog along – we are a pet-friendly restaurant with special treats and enough space for your furry friends to frolic in while you sip from a variety of coffees made by our baristas or chill with a sundowner.
Functions and Events
If you’re planning a special event, you’ve come to the right place.
- Our Chef’s Table, introduced earlier this year, has been gaining in popularity. We delight in small family and celebratory events (groups of between 6 – 10 people). Let us design a menu that will wow your guests while you sit back and enjoy the company, happy that the refreshments and edibles will be beautifully presented, tasty and generous.
- If you need a venue for a private cocktail party, our garden is luxuriant and shaded. Subject to a small minimum spend, no additional venue costs apply, so once you have secured your booking, you can arrive at your leisure, knowing that our friendly staff will take care of everything.
- Chris, our owner and event coordinator, has more than fifteen years of hospitality experience and can recommend a menu to suit any occasion and within your budget.
The Taste of Spain in the Heart of Brisbane
You don’t have to travel to Majorca, Barcelona, or Madrid to enjoy the flavours of Spain. Sassafras of Paddington brings gazpacho, churros, tacos, paella, and fritters right to your doorstep. Famous for using farm-fresh base ingredients and blending these with herbs, spices, olive oil and garlic, our main courses are heavenly. Pair these with our house wines, beer, or Sangria for a scrumptious meal to satisfy the fussiest of eaters. Round your meal off with desserts like churros, sundaes or our famous banana and walnut bread served with honeycomb butter. You’ll be so glad you did.
Our online booking system is easy and user-friendly, or you can call us to take a culinary trip to Spain without having to travel there.